The Voyage of Discovery is our year-long Pre-K learning adventure. In this complete program, children will discover many exciting things about the world in which we live. They'll gain academic readiness skills with the alphabet and numbers and enjoy read aloud times. They'll learn about their community — post office, fire station, church, grocery store — and make delightful science discoveries. They'll develop fine and large motor skills and increase in cognitive skills. Most important, they'll learn God's truth and be encouraged to live it in their lives.
The goals of Voyage of Discovery are:
- Key Themes: God loves us, so we love God. We love our neighbor as ourselves.
- Daily Bible stories from Genesis to Revelation with related hands-on activities
- Weekly Bible verses
Reading and Math
- Read-aloud stories to develop reading readiness and a love for books
- Hands-on alphabet activities
- Print awareness, visual and auditory skills
- Numbers to 10, colors, and shapes
Science and Social Studies
- Simple activities to encourage curiosity, a love for science, and an awe for God's amazing creation
- Opportunities to learn to make predictions, ask questions, observe carefully, and discuss results
- Community Helpers: post office, fire station, church, grocery store, and more as well as suggested field trips
Art and Music
- Hands-on crafts
- Songs (on CD) for Bible memory verses
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Imaginative play
- Gross motor skills: outside play, both structured and unstructured
- Fine motor skills: paint and color and draw, squeeze play dough, begin writing letters and numbers
- Health — focus on nutrition by enjoying healthy snacks
The Voyage of Discovery is very flexible and a child begin any time of the year. Lessons are about an hour, four days a week, for 32 weeks.